Listings‎ > ‎North Island‎ > ‎Wellington Region‎ > ‎

GWC Parks

This is the area covered by the Wellington Regional Council which is known as the Greater Wellington Regional Council (GWRC). 

Most parks require you to get a key, pay a bond and apply for a permit (manually, not online).  Unfortunately, Wellington does not have a network pass, like Auckland, that gives access to all the Regional Parks yet. 

Park Permit\Key Summary

Greater Wellington Contacts

All offices are closed on public holidays.
Freephone  0800 4WN REG   (0800 496 734) 
or (04) 384 5708


Greater Wellington Regional Council Ranger office, Riverbank Rd Phone 06 364 7130

Upper Hutt office

Open 8am-4.30pm.

1056 Fergusson Drive
PO Box 40847
Upper Hutt 5018

Phone 04 526 4133

Masterton office

Open  Monday to Friday 8am-5pm.

34 Chapel Street
PO Box 41
Masterton  5840

Phone 06 378 2484