Otago Rail Trail
Although the recent website redesign seems to have totally eliminated horse riding (and walking) from the activities. The Otago Rail Trail is divided into six sections:
- Clyde Railhead to Chatter Creek: 25km
- Chatter Creek to Lauder: 19km
- Lauder to Oturehua: 23km
- Oturehua to Ranfurly: 21km
- Ranfurly to Daisybank: 21km
- Daisybank to Middlemarch: 38km
Trail Code of Conduct
Motorcycles and motor vehicles are not permitted on the Rail Trail
Mountain bikers mst take special care when passing horses from behind.
Give way to horses.
Horses are to be led across bridges.
Dogs are permitted on the Alexandra to Clyde section only and must be controlled with a leash at all times.
Open fires and firearms are not permitted on the Rail Trail.